This easy oven baked salmon recipe is our preferred! The salmon is cooked in a honey, Dijon and garlic glaze and normally takes just 10 minutes of prep time. This scrumptious salmon recipe is ideal for a extravagant supper or weeknight food!
If you’re searching for an simple salmon recipe that your total household will enjoy, seem no additional. This is the recipe that I make when I want an simple, healthy evening meal that each the little ones and grown ups will appreciate. My children ask for this salmon for evening meal all the time!
This baked salmon recipe turns out ideal each and every time. The fish cooks till it’s properly moist and flaky. The salmon is smothered in a simple glaze that’s produced with just five pantry components. As the salmon cooks in the honey garlic sauce it gets so flavorful!
This is my go-to recipe for salmon. Attempt it and you will see why!
Then try one particular of my other healthy evening meal >
You will love this easy salmon recipe because:
- It is so basic and straightforward to make! There’s quite little prep for this recipe. 10 minutes, tops. This salmon recipe is a thirty moment meal, begin to complete.
- The sauce is produced with just a few elements, and it provides the salmon the best flavor!
- There is virtually no cleanse up. Line your baking dish with parchment paper or foil and cleanse up is a breeze.
How to Cook Salmon
Making this salmon recipe is easy. I’ll wander you by way of how to cook salmon, and I’ll give you my guidelines for generating the best tender and flavorful baked salmon.
- Pick wild caught salmon. For the very best high quality and sustainability, choose wild caught salmon. The salmon must have shiny skin and the flesh should appear moist and vibrantly coloured. Fresh salmon shouldn’t scent overly fishy.
- Enable salmon appear to space temperature. Take your salmon out of the fridge when you are ready to get began with this recipe. Although you get ready the other substances, the fish will start to occur to area temperature. This helps the salmon to cook dinner evenly.
- Line the baking dish for easy cleanup. You can use either parchment paper or foil to line your baking dish.
- Make a easy glaze. The glaze provides the two taste and moisture to the salmon. For the glaze you will need to have olive oil, soy sauce, honey, Dijon mustard and garlic.
- Cook salmon as a entire fillet, with the pores and skin on. Leaving your salmon fillet total and then chopping it into slices soon after baking will aid the salmon to prepare dinner evenly. Cooking salmon with the pores and skin on aids to hold it moist. You’ll bake your salmon with the skin facet down. You can effortlessly eliminate the skin after cooking if you want. To do this, use a slender metallic spatula or knife to separate the pores and skin from the baked salmon flesh.
- Brush salmon with glaze a second time. You’ll brush about 2/3 of the sauce on the salmon prior to it bakes. Then, when the salmon is almost cooked by way of, brush on the remaining glaze and bake a number of minutes much more.
- Don’t overcook your salmon. Properly cooked salmon will be tender, moist and flaky. If you overcook salmon it can dry out very easily. The Food and drug administration endorses cooking salmon to 145 levels F. To check out the temperature of your salmon, insert an quick study thermometer into the thickest element of the fish. Salmon can go from nearly done to overcooked extremely speedily, so observe it cautiously throughout the final couple of minutes of baking time. The salmon will continue to prepare dinner a bit a lot more following you get rid of it from the oven, so you can eliminate it when it is a hundred and forty levels if you would like.
How Lengthy to Bake Salmon in the Oven
The exact baking time will rely on the thickness of your salmon fillet. A 1 pound salmon fillet will consider about twelve-twenty minutes to cook in the oven, at four hundred degrees F. Commence examining on your salmon early and then you can constantly prepare dinner it far more if it’s not completed.
What to Provide with this Salmon Recipe
I like to serve a vegetable and a starch with this baked salmon. Some possibilities for the veggie are roasted broccoli, roasted carrots, green beans or a spinach salad. Instantaneous Pot mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, Quick Pot baked potatoes and brown rice are also excellent side dishes for salmon.