This site contains affiliate back links. You should see Insurance policies for a lot more info.
These crispy baked turnip fries are well-known correct now, and I really like getting able to eat a much healthier french fry! Baked fries are often a much better option than deep frying, but potatoes don’t constantly make the cut for my healthful life style! With these turnip fries I can have the flavors that I adore with no sacrificing on my ambitions.
A lot more wholesome french fry recipes:
If you haven’t tried baked veggie fries like these ahead of, you’re missing out! They’re a excellent resource of natural vitamins and vitamins and minerals, and the flavor is delicious.
Absolutely everyone understands about sweet potato fries and occasionally we’ll consider zucchini fries at a restaurant but did you know you can really make wholesome veggie fries out of other things way too?!
I have a wonderful recipe for carrot fries that you should attempt! Examine them out and allow me know how you are enjoying these healthful baked fries.
Recipe for Baked Carrot Fries
Zucchini Fries Recipe
Why attempt turnip fries?
Did you know that turnips are a wonderful supply of protein? They are also complete of remarkable nutritional vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids.
If you are searching for a vegetable that can do it all, this is the 1! These turnips fries are a tasty different to the potato range, but they’re also a much healthier french fry!
In any healthful diet program, like the 21 Working day Correct and 2B State of mind, vegetables are a should! In 2B State of mind, you shouldn’t have carbs soon after lunch so when meal time rolls about you’ll be looking for some substitutes and choices.
These turnip fries give you the texture and taste that you are seeking for but with no the starchy potato base!
How to make turnip fries:
Making these turnip fries could not be simpler! These wholesome baked fries is swift and simple. Check out how these veggie fries appear together in a flash!
- Preheat oven to 425F
- In shape a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment and oil with one/two Tablespoon coconut oil.
- Slice turnips into fries – ideally significantly less than a 1/two thick.
- Toss the fries in coconut oil and sprinkle with dehydrated garlic and paprika. Toss to coat evenly.
- Spread the fries evenly on the cookie sheet, with no overlapping fries.
- Spot a head of garlic with the top chopped off on the cookie sheet and bake twenty minutes, flipping the fries midway by means of. The garlic is for light-weight taste.
- When the fries are almost completely browned, insert a sprinkle of parmesan for the very last two minutes (if employing).
What do these baked turnip fries flavor like?
These healthful veggie fries style wonderful. They’re a bit peppery by mother nature but they’re not spicy. Turnip fries don’t style just like french fries but they have a equivalent texture and style to typical baked fries.
You can year these turnip fries any way you’d like to make them flavor much more spicy, or probably like ranch or yet another well-known flavoring. That’s the excellent thing about a neutral flavored vegetable…you can rework it into nearly everything!
Tips for producing crispy turnip fries:
- Slice the turnips thin so they prepare dinner more rapidly and get crispy
- Use parchment paper to soak up further dampness
- Use dehydrated/dry garlic powder for this recipe, not fresh–then it doesn’t add to the humidity in the fries
- Distribute the fries in a single layer on your pan, make confident they’re not stacked or overlapping at all