If you haven't had Turnip Fries then you are truly missing out, these remarkable reduced-carb turnip fries are the best different to fries. They are flavorful and so indulgent.
FOR THE Total Checklist OF Elements, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE Finish. BUT Before YOU SCROLL Check Essential Data THAT IS Integrated IN THE BLURB.
Just like my Jicama Fries and Zucchini Fries, these turnip fries are reduced calorie and delightful. You get to take pleasure in your take care of without having the guilt. The elegance is turnips are loads listed here in Florida this time of the year.
I purchased turnip greens including the roots from the neighborhood marketplace, used the leafy greens to make my Southern-Design Combined Greens recipe, then use the roots to make this incredible turnip fries recipe.
What Is Turnip?
Turnip is a round root vegetable from the cabbage household, each its root and leaves are edible. Turnip seems to be like rutabaga or swede and can be used interchangeably.
What Do Turnips Style Like?
They remind me of carrot but they are less sweet, slight bitter undertone but with a sharper flavor.
Turnip Well being Positive aspects
Turnip is a great supply of antioxidants, minerals, and fiber. For somebody attempting to reduced their carbohydrate ingestion, shed fat or increase their overall health, these keto-pleasant fries are perfect.
Turnip Vs Potato
- 1 medium potato provides you about thirty grams of carbohydrates as opposed to 1 medium turnip provides you only eight grams of carbs.
How To Make Turnip Fries?
- For these lower carb turnip fries, Preheat oven at 425 levels F.
- Peel turnips and minimize into 1/4 inch matchsticks.
- Area turnip into a large bowl and toss with oil then remaining seasonings
- Location in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for twenty five-30 minutes.
- Provide instantly.