Don’t get sweet with your venison jerky recipes adhere with anything verified like this one.
Most hunters really like to take in the meat they have on their own hunted, and there’s no question that deer jerky appears around the top of the listing of their favorites.
Even though the delicacies trend that has taken in excess of the globe of on-line recipes proceeds to affect even the most simple dishes (bacon-infused ice product, anyone?), sometimes maintaining items fundamental with common elements and steering clear of extensive preparing and cooking techniques just tends to make perception. It is not all about extravagant venison steaks, stuffed back straps, or gradual-cooked venison roasts.
Following all, if you might be making one thing like homestyle venison jerky, you will not want to get caught up in excessive flavors and get absent from the wonderful style of venison or elk meat. You do not want to squander as well significantly prep time, and you don’t want to buy tons of specialised substances.
To all the passionate hunters, consider this first recipe of marinated venison or elk jerky, and keep it basic. Come to feel free of charge to add a lot more complicated substances if you desire, but the foundation of a great jerky marinade starts off with these necessities. Head you, if you follow it immediately, you should nonetheless finish up with a single of the best venison jerky batches you’ve got at any time manufactured.
Here’s hoping your fall looking season is profitable adequate to give you with lots of elk or deer meat to make jerky with.
Marinaded Venison or Elk Jerky
For each pound of venison or elk meat, you will require:
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- tsp. ground black pepper
- one large or 2 small fresh garlic cloves, pressed or tsp. garlic powder
- tsp. onion powder
- tsp. kosher salt
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Using a sharp knife, slice your elk or venison into -inch parts. If you want softer jerky, slice meat throughout the grain (it will help if it is still partially frozen), or if you like chewier jerky, slice it with the grain (it will require to be totally defrosted for this). You can use floor meat as well, but will want a jerky gun.
- In a large bowl or pan combine the marinade and pour it over the meat. Cover with foil and spot it in the fridge right away or up to 24 hours, stirring it sometimes to make sure all the meat stays lined by the marinade.
- Drain the marinade from the meat and discard.
- Area the jerky slices on dehydrator trays so that they are not touching. Set the dehydrator to 155° and dehydrate for about 6-12 several hours. The cook dinner time shouldn’t fluctuate considerably exterior of these boundaries.
- Verify the jerky periodically to see that it does not get above-dried. It is done when it is completely dry nevertheless nevertheless pliable, not crumbly.
- The jerky must be stored securely, preferably in a zip lock bag, and eaten within a thirty day period if it isn’t really frozen. Notice that drying the jerky somewhat for a longer time retains it greater more time, but is more difficult to chew.
You know you can purchase a bag of beef jerky any time you want, but have you at any time actually appeared at the nutrition details on those factors? Possessing a homemade deer jerky recipe is something we should all have in our back pocket.