As soon as you’ve made your possess, you are going to by no means go again to Jack Link’s.
Cajun shake seasoning
floor cayenne pepper
bottle, Worcestershire sauce (ten oz.)
- Slice the deer meat into one/four-inch thick and 1/two-inch vast strips. Spot them into a large bowl.
- Pour the complete bottle of Worcestershire sauce above the meat, then incorporate the teriyaki sauce and liquid smoke.
- Go over the meat totally with the seasonings, beginning with nutmeg, then garlic, ginger, Cajun seasoning, curry powder, and black pepper blend totally.
- Include the cayenne pepper for heat.
- Enable the strips sit in the refrigerator for two several hours, then place them in a dehydrator to cook for 8 hours.
- Different and accumulate the strips into small luggage, and give to folks you enjoy.
Wendell Kirkland is not your common cookbook author. He is a lifelong wild recreation hunter, trapper, and fisherman, and the father of an Esquire staffer. He rocks a beard that would make Phil Robertson jealous. He also has a jerky recipe that will hands-down blow away everything you’ve got at any time tasted, and it is produced from venison, not beef.
“I’ve constantly made jerky in one particular type or yet another, whether or not that’s beef or deer or goose,” says Kirkland. “You just test, taste, and go with what you like the most.”
Kirkland, who estimates 90 percent of his diet is manufactured up of wild match, put this and other recipes into his cookbook, Residing on Wildlife, a selection of recipes inspired by a life span of hunting, eating, and raising a loved ones in Knox County, Tennessee.
“I have had all these recipes in my head for a long time and years, the things I raised my boys on, so it just made feeling,” states Kirkland. “They’re all home recipes.”
Right after acquiring our workplace hooked, Kirkland shared the recipe for his deer jerky—if you are headed to the butcher, he suggests using tenderloins—so you can make the ideal we have at any time had at property. Just a term of warning: As soon as you’ve tasted it, you’ll never ever want to eat the keep-bought stuff again.