Lo mein—a Chinese dish that implies stirred noodles—is a normal takeout get for numerous People in america, but creating it at residence is an possibility to not only expand your culinary repertoire, but to cut down on costly supply. Lo mein noodles are stirred into a sauce—in this case, a combination of soy, lime, sugar, Sriracha, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil. What’s not to like? You’ll also fold in shrimp and sauted vegetables like bell peppers, scallions, and mushrooms, plus refreshing child bok choy. You can personalize the veggies just to your liking—the very best portion about cooking at property.
- eight ounces lo mein noodles or spaghetti
- cup soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons new lime juice (from one lime)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoons sriracha
- two teaspoons grated refreshing ginger (from a 2-in. piece), divided
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped, divided
- four tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- four ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1 purple bell pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- one pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 heads baby bok choy, halved lengthwise, quartered if big
- two tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- cup loosely packed refreshing cilantro leaves
How to Make It
Prepare dinner noodles in accordance to package deal instructions drain.
Whisk soy sauce, lime juice, sugar, sriracha, one teaspoon ginger, a 3rd of the garlic, and 2 tablespoons oil.
Heat remaining two tablespoons oil in a massive nonstick skillet in excess of medium-large. Incorporate mushrooms and cook dinner, stirring, till browned, four to 5 minutes. Add bell pepper, scallions, and remaining 1 teaspoon ginger and two-thirds garlic cook, stirring often, until finally softened, 2 to three minutes. Insert shrimp to skillet and prepare dinner, stirring from time to time, until finally pink, two to three minutes. Insert bok choy and cook dinner, covered, until vibrant environmentally friendly and tender, about two minutes.
Remove from heat. Add soy sauce combination and noodles and toss to coat.